SAFEGUARDING POLICY & PROCEDURE STATEMENT
Children, young people and vulnerable adults have the right to participate, have fun and be safe in the services provided for them and the activities they choose, or their parents/carers choose for them.
Vamos Talento is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and protecting them from abuse when they are engaged in services organised and provided by Vamos Talento. We will endeavor to keep children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from abuse and suspicion of abuse will be responded to promptly and appropriately. We will act in the best interest of the child, young person or vulnerable adult at all times.
Vamos Talento will proactively seek to promote the welfare and protection of all children, young people and vulnerable adults. Vamos Talento will ensure that unsuitable people are prevented from working with children, young people and vulnerable adults through safe recruitment and selection processes.
Vamos Talento will take any concern made by a service user, employee, volunteer or child/vulnerable adult seriously and sensitively. Concerns cannot be anonymous and should be made in the knowledge that, during the course of any enquiries the agency that made the referral will be made clear.
Vamos Talento will not tolerate harassment of any service user, employee, volunteer or child/vulnerable adult who raises concerns of abuse.
As part of our safeguarding policy Vamos Talento will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate training opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people.
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern.
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored.
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals.
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Vamos Talento. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.
Any concerns will be brought to the attention of Mrs Renu Chawla who will report the concern to a London Borough of Hounslow designated safeguarding reporting officer.
Those raising the concern will be made aware that the concern will be shared with appropriate people but will be treated in confidence as far as possible.
Officers, employees and volunteers will not discuss the concern except with the designated officer and any agent of the organisation responsible for investigating the concern.
If you have any queries, please contact us below: